[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HOW MUCH POWER NEEDED FOR A TC?

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com on 26.01.99 19:01:29

To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
cc:    (bcc: Marco Denicolai/MARTIS)
Subject:  Re: HOW MUCH POWER NEEDED FOR A TC?

>Original Poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <mopar-at-uswest-dot-net>

>Marco,

>> Original Poster: "Marco Denicolai" <Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs.fi>
>> Sorry, again I mistyped energy for power: I meant
>>
>> Power = Energy * sec = 800 * 0.5 * 0.1E-6 * 30000 * 30000 = 36 kW

>No, I'm sorry. I understood watt*sec, however, the 30kv resonant charging
>scheme threw me way off for some reason (the way I had read it at the time
>guess - makes perfect sense now). My fault.

>hmm...That's a lot of juice, isn't it! (45 joules). Have you thought about
the
>arc distance? Do you have the clearance? (and a camera?).

I can use a big laboratory room (must be about 20 x 20 x 10 meters)

>Also, is the coil
>sized for this much power. The power handling capability of the gap would
be a
>big concern to me.

This is just what I am trying to understand! That was the original purpose
of the email that originated this thread :)

>Granted, I would love to see this puppy running, but I have
>to wonder if your operating environment can handle what the coil might be
>capable of.

5-6 meter streamers are not a problem, power is not a problem (if they only
believe I need it).