[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rotor gaps (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 23:45:54 -0500
From: Shaun <shaunobrien-at-geocities-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Rotor gaps

Hi everyone,

    I did some thinking about making a rotor gap for the
MOT transformers that I'm going to use for another coil.
I was thinging that i'd make a sync rotor so that I could
you it on a noen for tests too. Does it just have to break
120 times a sec to be sync? I figured I could make a
gap with a 1200 rmp motor and have 6 electrodes on the
disk. Does the diameter of the disk really matter? For this
forst test rotor I plan on just using some bolts on a motor
I have. I don't know the speed of this motor but I plan on
getting a heafy DC motor or a .5 hp AC motor. Anyone
let me know what you think about this. Thanks