[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: EMMC Value Drift

Mine are drifting down, too.
After the initial rise in capasitance after the first run, where the
caps setteled in at 34,3 nF. Next time I measured it, I had changed the
battery in the meter, and it had gone down to 33,9, so I thought this
might just be the battery.
After the last run, however it had dropped another 0.2, so that it now
measures 33.7.  Hey, this could get expensive!
The heating that I noticed last time (but forgot to _measure_ with the
thermometer) was mainly in the center strings. I had fitted a perspex
cover to keep the tapping strap from tempting to arc to the capacitor
when it passed over it. This stopped the convection, and was the cause
for the lack of convection cooling of the center strings.
There are _so_ many things to wacth out for, to a (relative) beginner
like me, that I forget to have an eye on all of them at a time.

About the voltage that I am using: The pig is wound for 20 kV with 400 V
in, but the variac will supply 480 V, and since I am a sucker for a long
spark, the caps may see 34-35 kV. Now with a bit of rise on top----- :-)
Gottta make those fiberoptic probes soon....

Cheers, off for hollidays 3 weeks, Finn

Tesla List skrev:

> Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
> Hi All,
>
>         I seem to be noticing a very slight capacitance value drift in my
EMMC