[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: HV Arc Resistance

Perhaps I'm missing something.  If a rotary gap fires 1/4 inch before
electrode alignment, of what value is close electrode spacing?  It seems to
me that arcing distance is determined by electrode radius of curvature and
Vcap, and that aligned-electrode-spacing wouldn't matter, since quench would
probably have been achieved before alignment.

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA