[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: posting images & 2kW coil performance

I have a 6.5" coil that drive 86" of arc at 3.5 kw. The circuit capacitance
is .026 uF. I believe that the coil would perform better if I had more
space. You see the nearest object to strike is 86" away.

I had a 4.5 coil running at 3-4 Kw that produce a occasional 60" arc with
48" - 54" nominal. If you want longer brighter arcs, I would suggest more
capacitance

Paul M

Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn-dot-com