[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ignition coil Plasma ball

Ive read all your thought on the plasma globe. What is the best way to protect
my pulse generator from the evil pulses of the collapsing field in the
coil? Yes
I do realize it sparks when the coil is de-energised. Im using a single 3055 on
a 1000w heat sink or so running the base at about 3v 60 ma. In side the pulse
gen. it looks like there are two 1n914s to ground as a bypass. Also it is
bypassed with some small caps. What is the best way to protect the signal
generator further? It was free and I fixed it. I definitely don't want to kill
it.
      Philip Mac Duffie