[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: An old Tesla coil system

Hi:

Some extra informations about that old Tesla coil:
Looking more carefully, I see that the secondary is made with
regular magnet wire, #22 apparently, with black varnish.
The top terminal has another metal part below the ball,
and the element crossing the ball is a bar, with a hole
at one end, possibly for wire connections.
Some pictures:
The primary. Observe the system for choosing a tap:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/primary.jpg
The terminal:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/terminal.jpg
A set of spark gaps. There are others, and apparently
they didn't last much:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/spgaps.jpg

Can someone identify this motor? It was powering the
large electrostatic machine that I mentioned.
It has a label in German, mentioning Siemens.
Apparently a three phases motor. Tesla's system?
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/oldmotor.jpg

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz