[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A few questions...

I think it's been awhile since the last time I advertised my ignorance so I'm
about due for another one of those posts. I've been reading and re-reading
many of the posts lately and I just can't understand some of the terminology,
probably a direct result of my lack of a college education but such is life
eh?

1) What is RMS? I have a vague idea that the letters stand for Root Mean
Squared but what does this mean and what are the applications for it?

2) I've seen the number 555 several times, what does this mean?

3) I've heard several people reffering to TC simulators, where can I get one
of these?

4) If I have a choice between a single capacitor with the correct uF and
voltage ratings or an MMC what are the advantages/disadvantages to one over
the other, besides cost, adjustability and availability does the MMC have
anything going for it?

Left, left, I hadda good brain but it left...
---Daniel