[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: inflatable torroid

Probably the best inflatable whatever strategy is to use the inner tube or
beach ball or balloon as a form. You can lay up fiberglass or plaster of
paris over it to make a rigid shell or a female mold.

My own experiences with painted anythings have been quite grim. The coating
comes off, burns off, or is too thin or resistive to support the discharge
current (which is quite high).

However, I did make a fairly good sized papier mache spheroid for a van de
graaf. It was a ton of work to get it smooth, etc., but, the material cost
was low.