[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MMC partial failiure

Hi Nick,

	Carefully look at the caps.  Almost always you will see that they have
swelled up or the case has split somewhere.  However, 5kV should be far
below any voltage breakdown. and three strings should not be stressed
either at this voltage.  I would definitely suspect something else is going
on...  Don't know what but maybe the gap is overheating or the variac is
burning a brush...  I have seen sync rotaries loose sync and do this...

	Terry