[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sawing Plastics (was Re: Primary support -update)

I bought a 96"x48" sheet of .177" acrylic at HQ here in Ohio and the guy
cut it with what was basically a circular/radial arm saw hybrid thing.
It had a sliding arm with what looked like a 10" circular saw on it.  It
was obviously designed for ripping large sheets of stock.  It cut with
no visible melting and a tiny bit of chipping.  Next time I'm there I'll
try to find out more info.

I tried the acrylic on my 10" table saw with a fairly coarse wood blade
and it was no fun.