[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spaced Coil measurements.

"
Hi Malcolm, All,
    Using your measurements I get 18.25 pF from Medhurst's formula.  I
plotted your data in Excel as 1/(f^2) VS C according to Howe.  A
linear trend line fit to the data crosses the axis at about -50 pF.
50 pF seems a bit high.  You gave Ns = 38 turns for the whole coil?"

	My calculations agree almost exactly with Malcom's.  I have always
found very good agreement (typically better than 5%) betweem the
measured and calculated SRF's.  Do you have extra long leads, and do you
really know the capacitance of your test capacitor?

Ed