[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Improving spark gaps

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux-at-jpl.nasa.gov>
>
> It is in one of the pulsed power conference proceedings. Don't recall which
> year, but I'll try and find the reference again. I know it was in the same
> proceedings as a paper by Miley, et.al. on Inertial Electrostatic
> Confinement fusion.
>
> These conferences have tons of papers on spark gaps of various kinds.
>
> ----------
<SNIP>

Thanks for the pointer, Jim!

For those not familiar with these publications (I know Jim and Barry
Benson certainly are! :^)), these proceedings, as well as the IEEE Power
Modulator Symposiums, contain a wealth of information covering
high-power high-voltage storage, switching, control, and measurement
techniques from the nuclear acellerator, controlled fusion, high power
laser, high-strength pulsed magnetic fields, and electromagnetic weapons
research areas. They contain papers by some of the world's foremost
experts in pulsed power. These books are truly gems if you can find
them! Check out yout local technical library system to see if they can
get them via an inter-library loan.

The article that Jim referenced is in the 10th International Pulsed
Conference Proceedings, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1995, a large
two-volume publication that's a total of 4.5" thick. Tables of contents
for most past conferences (going back to 1976) can be found at:
http://ppc97-www.nrl.navy.mil/ppctoc/ppctoc.html
Once at the table of contents for a given conference, your browser's
"find" function can then be used to locate specific keywords or authors.
Happy hunting!

-- Bert --