[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Sync motor question

Hello List

What is the current wisdom on salient pole motor powered RSG's?

I understood John has shown no real advantage exists in the synchronous
system over say a normal fully controlled variable speed rotary. And that
this is based on actual tests with working coil systems, where a similar
non-synchronous gap is swapped out after the synchronous gap is run.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Gavin Hubbard