[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First run 6.5" coil- odd results? (fwd)

to: Scott

You really need to haul your caps down to a local TV repair shop and have a
technician measure the capacitance so you know the total capacitance of your
system.  This is very critical as it determines the proper size of toroid on
the sec coil.

Second, you need to run much higher current, ie, 60 mA on the primary side
with this larger size coil.  30 mA really isn't a good driver for this large
of secondary coil with proper toroid termination ---- and we can't begin to
determine that until you accurately measure you total primary capacitance.

A small TV repair shop, if not too busy, would probably do it for free if
you approach them properly.  Be advised properly is definitely not late
Friday afternoon on a hot day just before a holiday weekend starts.

Regards,

Dr.Resonance