[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: PVC diameter and cap question

to: Don

We put holes in our sec coils with all coils less than 10 inches dia.   This
is no problem at all.   Just silicone in place two 1/4 inch thick acrylic or
PE disks.  Sand them for a very tight fit and tap them in each end approx 4
inches down.  Apply the silicone and let dry for 36 hours for complete cure
before sealing up the sec. ends.

As soon as the magnet wire enters the sec tube solder it to a small piece of
flexible 20 AWG stranded wire.  Cover this with a piece of tygon tubing.
Apply generous amounts of silicone to the entrance point (approx 3/4-1 inch
thick) and over the brass bolt that feeds the ground out --- and also the
top HV out.  We use 5/16 inch dia brass bolts or studs on all of our smaller
coils.

Lots of silicone and the disks with destroy this myth of not drilling into
the sec coil.   Been doing it this way for 35 years -- and never a single
breakdown.

With larger coils and pole xmfr operating units we still use the disks.  We
bring the grond end inside for connection to 1/2 inch dia brass studs, but
keep the HV end outside and slowly spiral it up to the top toroid.  We place
the disks approx 10 inches in on each end with the larger coils with coil
lengths of 5-10 feet long.

Regards,

Dr.Resonance