[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Wire

Hi all!

I just found some pretty cheap copper wire to build my first tesla coil.
It is normal 0.6mm dia (AWG 24 I think) wire, but it has an extra red
coating. The guy who sold it to me told me it was something they called
'baking varnish'. When they finish winding a motor they apply a high DC
current, so that the wire heats up and melts together. Could anyone tell
me if what it is? Is it lossy at TC frequencies, etc.

Regards, Reinier

BTW: Alan, did you test those cheap caps yet? It would still be a good
idea if we bought them together with some other people here in Europe!