[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ball bearings

Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net wrote:
snip
>I may end up using ball bearing electrodes to get a much
>more stable firing voltage for the safety gaps.  I assume cobalt drill bits
>will cut through ball bearings to mount the shafts that hold them?...
snip

Hi Terry, etc.
You're probably already aware of these, but just in case:
You can get "tooling balls" in a myriad of sizes already mounted to various
shafts with threaded ends (and some of the shafts do have a pretty stylish
faceted look to add visual impact (!)).
Also, "metrology balls" (used for measuring tapped holes with a cmm, etc)
are similar.
I was surprised at how cheap they were last time I looked them up in a
catalog like MSC's (mother of all catalogs).
MSC or Carr Lane probably even carry balls with tapped holes.
Then again, you do have a drill press....  :-)
Ed.