[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: LTR Charging vs. Firing Time

At 11:25 AM 6/21/99 -0400, you wrote:
>SNIP

Hi Gary,

	My sync motor is not shaded pole type so I always have to set the timing
every time I turn it on.  I printed up a strobe disk and stuck it on my
rotor (Ink jet printer - non conductive).  The florescent lights in the
room very easily show the gap position and I have a handle the turns the
motor to adjust the timing.  I can also turn it while it is running to find
the best spot (long handle :-)).  I hardly ever use a scope to set it since
I have learned now were to set it.  However, I often tweak it while playing
around.

Although, it may seem simple to find a better way.  For me, the strobe disk
and florescent lights are the easiest.  I only had to print up and glue the
disk on and I was set.  It is no real problem to turn it on and just turn
the motor till one finds the best sparks either.

A picture of the gap (not quite done yet but...) is at:

www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/rot01.jpg

The two stationary electrodes are mounted on poly which may melt in longer
runs.  I may have to use a better material.  Also, the rotor still needs a
housing incase something goes wrong.  This is sort of a prototype but you
will see the idea...

Cheers,

	Terry