[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arc welders as curent limiters

It's easy to do. Find yourself a "sliding shunt" type of welder (these are
easily identified by a current control which moves smoothly--without
detents--through its range). Then just connect the two hot leads of the
welder in series with the load (check that the welder doesn't connect the
case to anything but the neutral lead to avoid shock). Short the output
terminals of the welder together. I did the shorting with a couple of plug
terminals and a short length of welding cable, and kept the origional plug
on the welder, so I could use the welder for its origional purpose when
need arises.

Ken Donnell
bigken-at-a.crl-dot-com

Change is inevitable--except from vending machines.