From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 1999 4:06 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Autoformer? I hardly knew 'er! HA

Original Poster: christopher boden <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I keep seeing these things around here, I think they're called "Autoformers"

that are kind of like a potentiometer or a variac.
They're a variable transformer, with a wiper and the primary and secondary
are the SAME coil of wire. That got me to thinkin' and eventually I had a
brain fart.

Has anybody ever thought about building a TC setup like an autoformer. Not
adjustable, just with the primary and secondary shareing the same coil?
I believe the difference in freguency from the Pri, to the Sec would make it

impossible, but I was just curious.

Also I just capped my 6" secondary with pvc endcaps and pvc glue. Will the
glue vapor be a problem? It's air tight now and I'm wondering if the
outgassing from the glue will leave an explosive atmosphere inside the tube?

If not, where does it go?

The Coronaphile
Christopher A. Boden
The Geek Group