[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Arc output problems

Do you know if your coil is in tune?  Is there a primary tap that produces
better output than taps on either side of it, or are you at the limit of
your primary?

Is there any airflow across your cylinder gaps?  It will make a very big
difference.

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA

		Original Poster: Philip <shadow42-at-totcon-dot-com>

		I was looking for some help on my TC. The last tests I ran I
was only
		able to get about 10-11" of spark. Here are its specs with
links to the
		pictures. Perhaps the cap was all my problems but maybe im
overlooking
		something else.

		Secondary - 4.5x20" wound surface on 4" PVC pipe
		Primary - 12 turns 1/4" copper refrigerator tube 1/4"
spaceing.
		Power supply - unpoted Franceformer 12kv 30ma in mineral oil
		Topload - Originally two potlids ,but new toroid has been
built. 17x4"
		larger toroid made no output
		Original cap used - rolled poly .0089uf ~19kv
		Original gap used - 10 section cylinder made from 1x2" hard
copper pipe
		0.180 total gap
		safety gap - 1/4" each side.  Hv-grnd-Hv type across nst HV
terminals.

		~I realize .0088uf is not the size for a 12kv 30ma but i was
told the
		tranny was 9kv. I found it was 12kv later on.

		-PICTURES-
		You can just go to Http://hv.hypermart-dot-net/tc.html   there
is a
		schematic there that you can click on the parts of ind it
will take you
		to the differant pics. Pictures listed below with the "*"
are not shown
		on the page. More stuff is available with
http://hv.hypermart-dot-net

		cylinder gap - http://hv.hypermart-dot-net/images/sg.jpg
		Primary - http://hv.hypermart-dot-net/images/srail.jpg
		*coil assembeled with original topload -
		http://hv.hypermart-dot-net/images/TC.JPG
		*coil almost ready to run -
http://hv.hypermart-dot-net/tc/IMAGE010.jpg
		*SPOT my dog who oversaw construction -