[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Plasma Tweeters and Tesla Coils

Hello All,

A while ago someone (sorry, don´t remember who it was)
asked about modulating a tesla coil for use as a plasma
tweeter. I have actually heard one of these things. They
really sound great. I found a homepage about DIY plasma
tweeters. It is very informative. You can find it at:

http://members.aol-dot-com/uhaumann2/plasma/eplasma.htm

I think I´m going to try something similar with my tube TC
(once I get around  :o)) to building it ). If you use a
pentode (instead of a triode) you should be able to
modulate the tube TC´s output signal via a high voltage
transistor (like a MOSFET) connected to the second
grid of the tube.

P.S: For the unbeliving (of the good hi-fi quality), there is even a
music/video of the plasma TC in action. This can be found at:
http://members.aol-dot-com/uhaumann2/plasma/plasma.htm

Coiler greets from germany,
Reinhard