[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cap discharge time: was: Re:NEW break-rate/power tests

<< > Taking this to Tesla coils:
 > A low break rate will allow the cap to discharge (more)
 > fully than a high breakrate system. Meaning the lower
 > bps setup might be able to transfer more power
 > (because the cap has the time to discharge fully).

Reinhard,

Let's assume the gap spacing is such that a residual charge of
1000 volts remains on the cap after quenching.  But as soon as
the gap quenches, the cap starts to charge again while waiting
for the next break.  I see no connection between the break-rate
and the degree of cap discharge.

John Freau