[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:Good Deal SURE!

Hi All,
               I agree you could build a liniac with that psu but there is no
point. (Tiny beam energy - good for big cyclotron though)  I could believe it
was a psu for electron beam welding or something similar -not sputtering.  You
are right about the marx bank but why bother when you could take out the
rectifier and put a cockroft ladder on the output (of a single phase)?
Normally a marx bank is only used when you have reached the practical limits
of capacitor voltage ( about 100kV ) where as that psu gives 15kV, plenty of
stages of multiplication before you need a marx bank.
I'm not sure about his but would It be possible to rectify each phase
separately then 'stack' the voltages?

NIck Field