[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PE-rolled cap construction

Right now I am making rolled Aluminum Flashing / Polyethelyne
capacitorsand I just made a mistake: I cut the flashing but I forgot
to cut out a tab for the electrical connection. Can anyone think of a
good way to still make the connection without using any sharp objects
or taking away from the total area?

Also, when I was calculating the size of the plates for the cap. I
thought of this: Using the right size material so that if there are
any or minor errors in construction that decrease/increase
capacitance, they will not change the capacitance more than several
100th's.

Like on mine, the dielectric of the polyethelyne could be 2.0 (instead
of 2.3) and I would still have a .005 uF valued cap., you could vary
all the measurements significally and still have a the same value cap.
Well just an idea I had.

Chris.

==
...Courtesy of Yahoo! Mail...