[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Wax Concentrates

Why arent people adding titanium oxide to parafin and melting it. It will
settle to a concentrate at the bottom of a testube. This core can be removed
after cooling and the concentrate portion cut off . Numerous trials like
this will yield a portion of concentrate that has settled to its maximum
density according to gravity. This can be remelted around plates to form a
capcitor with a much higher dielctric constant. I have done the same process
with ferrite-wax mixtures. Concievably both of these could be mixed for
special experimental applications. I know that ferrite is very poor choice;
thats why I said experimental. Strontium ferrite also has a high dielectric
constant while also being magnetic. Stupid in Ohio HDN