[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coating magnet wire in varnish

Grayson (Electrophile), and all coilers:

	I noticed that in a post you mentioned to be "darn sure you coated [the
magnet wire] in polyeurethane varnish.  I have not been following your
thread really closely, but I assume you were talking about wrapping a
secondary with magnet wire.

	Question to all coilers: does the varnish really do anything for
performance, or does it just keep the magnet wire stuck to the solenoid?
And suppose that on an unvarnished solenoid a few wraps come a little
loose, and lap over some of the other turns.  Does this affect performace
significantly if it is only a few turns overlapping?

						Brent

					<StretchMonster -at- juno-dot-com>
Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]