[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Manly saltwater caps

In a message dated 5/3/99 7:26:19 PM Mountain Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  I keep hearing that glass is very lossy for saltwater caps, and has a
nasty
>  habit of breaking while in use from thermal expansion. I also hear that
>  polyethyline is groovy. Well I'm not sure, but I think that the big 5
gallon

>  water jugs that they use for office coolers (think Absopure) are made of
PE.

>  Would it be a good idea instead of using a bunch of little bottles wired
in
>  paralell, to use one big one?

Your idea sounds good, but you should check on the plastic.  My guess is that
they are polyethylene terpthalate (mylar) for the rigidity.   I have not seen
polyethylene that was transparent, but rather it is translucent.  I hope I am
mistaken in this case.