[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: So where is WinTesla

At 01:47 AM 5/5/99 -0500, you wrote:

>All Coilers:
>
>	Okay, Okay, I have graduated Tesla-Coil-Kindergarten and am now ready
>for Tesla-Coil-First-Grade.  Where do I get access to download programs
>like WinTesla?!
>
>	Right now I have an almost functioning TC.  It is my second.  It had a
>temporary cut in funding for it, but this summer when I'm not taking
>classes, I will probably give it a shot.  Everything about it works
>except it is out of tune.  I have tried tuning it, but it just won't seem
>to go.  I think that either I don't have enough turns, or my coupling is
>too tight.  Anyway, I'm hoping a program will give me the hint or two
>that I need to get sparks.
>
>	Also, I am now taking suggestions for a static, no air, gap.  Right now
>all I have is two bolts end to end.  What works best?

You can get WinTesla from the author <Rscopper-at-aol-dot-com>.

I like my fast and simple static gap design (of course :-)) which is
described at:

www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/terrygap.jpg

If you really are having trouble, E-mail me and I can find the tuning
points for you if you can answer a bunch of questions about component
values and such...

Cheers,

	Terry
	terryf-at-verinet-dot-com