[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

precipitate....when it rains, it pours

How will salt precipitate affect the operation of our capacitor?

We have a 10 Gallon aquarium with 14 Corona Longneck bottles inside.
The bottles are filled up to the base of the neck with saltwater, then
totally filled with oil (Formula Shell 5W-30).
The bottles are spaced in a 3-3-3-3-2 arrangenent with at least 1/2" frm
bottle to bottle and bottle to wall.
The jacket is to the same level as the bottles are filled (to the bas of the
neck) and topped off with a 3/4" layer of oil.
All the bottles are interconnected with as many conections as we could fit
with 14AWG bare copper (from a piece of Romex).
The problem is there's a layer of precipitate along the bottom of both the
bottles and the jacket. Will this affect the operation of the cap? If so
how?

In other news....

With the capacitor finished (we hope)...how do we go about building the
safety gap for the NST? Would a Jacobs Ladder type arrangment be best? Or
just a pair of bolts mounted in a couple of pieces of angle iron.
Any ideas?

The "Hungover" Coronaphile
Christopher A. Boden
The Geek Group