[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tube ----- big one (relatively)

Hi,
Based on the responses I saw a week or so ago when someone asked a similar
question, it looks like there are a few who could easily answer this.
I was at an "antique" store over the weekend, and saw an intimidating looking
tube.  I never gave much thought to building a tube coil, but this one had an
inspirational look to it.  Then again, I've never been much one for intuition,
so I didn't buy it, pending identification and advice from my fellow list
members (!)  .....
The clear glass part is about 7 or 8 inches tall, with four approx. 1/4 inch
pins on the base.  Then, there is a 9 or 10" long by approx. 2 1/2 inch dia.
rod of copper atop the glass part (or it could be a copper shield/heat sink
around taller glass.. not sure).  I realize that is a pretty weak description,
so, what the heck, here are the details:
MACHLETT ML-5606 --------- it is described (by the store) as a "switching tube"
and they are selling it for $35 (u.s.).
I had to ask... I imagine the likelihood of this being useable for a TC is
pretty low... But I would appreciate any responses...
Thanks,
Ed.