From: Tesla List [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, May 07, 1999 10:37 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Unexpected Shock From TC

Original Poster: "William R. Langston" <blangsto-at-iwvisp-dot-com>

Hi,

Sufficient static discharge, it is imparting an amount of energy after all,
can do
one serious damage. But in the case of what we are talking about here, the
secondary is in more immediate danger of being dropped on the primary ;-).
The
danger to a human is what could happen when startled, at least from the
shock my
secondary holds. We have six or seven layers of poly varnish on the thing.
And it
does indeed hold a take-your-breath-away charge if you are not expecting it.

Bill L.

--
II*