[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Toxic Ozone

look at the information you posted...
it says that .3ppm is enough to make one uncomfortable...
1pp causes premature aging of the lumg OVER TIME, what they are talking about
here are people who are exposed to this stuff over a 40hr work week, for a good
part of their lifes... I don't know about you, but i don't know anyone who logs
2000hrs a year in close proximity to an operational coil, in a closed
environment :) That kind of exposure just isn't gonna happen... GRANTED ozone
can and is dangerous in high concentrations, but the nitrogen oxides will get
you long before ozone will. As other posters have siad, ozone has a pretty
strong odor, and effect... You have to have one heck of a strong will to stay
around the stuff to be able to tolerate it in high concentrations... It's like
flourine. The stuff is a deadly toxin, but YOU KNOW it's in the air, long
before
it becomes a threat... And unless you are superman, you aren't going to be able
to willingly stay in the same area as it for long, if the concentrations have
become high enough to be toxic...
pyroguy