[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

secondary theory

 I have just read Terry's description of secondary coil behaviour and I
must say although I may be wrong but a tesla coil reminds me very much
of a laser pump/exciter coupling.

Although I am a neophyte in regards to coils I have a huge background in
laser theory and construction going back some 20 years with DSTO and the
Adelaide Uni here in good 'ol SA.

 The description Terry gives as to the function of the secondary is vey
similar to the behaviour of an excited medium under lase conditions.

 They may have nothing to do with each other, but maybe there is some
convergence between the two? I will look into it further when I get 'Mr.
Piggy' up and around. By the way Mark Finnis - where did you get your
very nice tungsten rod you flashed me the other day??!!

 Many thanks

 Robin Copini.