[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: dumb MMC question

On Mon, 17 May 1999 03:58:30 -0600 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
>Original Poster: Stan <sdarling-at-columbus.rr-dot-com>
>
>I've seen lots of (favorable) talk about "MMC capacitors" but haven't
>the faintest idea what they are. Could someone fill me in or point me
>where I can read about them?  TIA
>
>-Stan

Oh! Oh! an easy question I can answer! Wheee!

That "MMC" stands for Multi Mini Capacitor. As the name suggests, they
are banks of tiny caps, in a series/ parallel arrangement, for use as
tank caps. Some people find them cheaper, easier, smaller, and more
reliable than other types, mainly poly caps.  A number of people have
builts these, though I'm not one of them.
I believe Mike Hammer has done so with superb results? His page is near
the beginning of the TC-webring

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]