[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: an interesting idea...

Hello,
I have heard of a few gaps from early experimental medical apparatus that
were discharged in vacuumed tubes with very strong magnetic fields on the
outsides of the tubes to make the discharge "disruptive" (as opposed to a
regular conducing arc discharge).  Ha ha, my spark gaps seem to have gotten
quieter and quieter, probably because my hearing is getting worse and worse
(as a result of them being so noisy!).
Jeff Behary, c/o
The Turn Of The Century Electrotherapy Museum
http://www.lvstrings-dot-com/quack.htm

Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn-dot-com