[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: "Enhanced" Drain Resistors :-))

Hi Dr. Resonance,

	I should have stated more clearly that this was a destructive test that
only determined how much headroom these parts had.  I did not mean to imply
that this was a good place to run them.  In the actual final design, they
will drop 1000 volts at 1/10 amp.  This type of destructive testing is
simply to insure that they will not arc at say 1050 volts.  Destructive
testing is good to be sure one isn't too close to the edge.  In this case I
have plenty of room in the design and I am now confident of this after the
destructive testing.  I was very surprised they went as far as they did!

	Terry