[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

inductive current limiting

Hi All,
         first a big thankyou to Alan Sharp and others who helped run the
teslathon - it was brilliant guys.   Now my question - my next coil is going
to run 4 MOTs in the psu and as these are not current limited to a sufficient
extent I will need something to limit the primary current to 20A (-at-240V).  I
have a massive (5kVA) transformer/choke core (Thanks Bob :-) and wondered
what sort of inductance I need?  I would assume that I need an Z of 12ohms at
50Hz to limit this which gives 38mH.  Is this correct? If it is how many
turns is that?

Thanks in advance
Nick Field