[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Controling a Pole Pig

to: Vivian

Without knowing all the exact data for the exact model number of the
transformer you have, I would suggest using an external non-saturable core
inductor for power limiting.  Even if you could contact the manufacturer
they would probably be reluctant to provide the information fearing you
might be a competitor.  A resistance of 0.5 Ohm, 10 kw, resistor in series
with a suitable inductor will provide very smooth operational control
without problems.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Controling a Pole Pig
> Date: Sunday, November 29, 1998 11:42 AM
>
> Original Poster: "Vivian Watts" <V.C.Watts-at-btinternet-dot-com>
>
> Hi All,
>     Steve Rodway and I collected 4 Pole pigs last week from Eastern
Electric