[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First coil - questions

to: Shannon

You need the best possible ground connection you can provide for the base
of your seondary coil.  An external out-of-house ground with a copper rod
will provide the optimum potential rise on the secondary inductor.  As you
discovered, it won't work at all without it.  I'm not sure how much power
you are running into your system, but you should consider a minimum of 4
AWG welding cable for the ground connection.  The welding cable with its
many fine strands offers a quality path for the high frequency currents so
they aren't racing around your home's grounds and radiating into the local
community.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net