[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Believe it or not!

Jeff,

This sounds very much like the Moody Bible Institute's educational
lectures on Science and Religion. If so, the fellows that do this stunt
apparently know what they are doing, and have been doing this particular
demonstration for at least 40 years. When I was only 11 or 12 years old,
I remember seeing George Speak (after 40 years I STILL remember his
name) do this program in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and as the grand finale'
he stood in bare feet on top of a large resonator and let 3-4 foot
sparks jump from his fingertips (which were covered with thimbles). It
was quite a show! :^)

I do share your concerns with amateurs trying this, but these guys are
not amateurs. The risk is more likely from some kid watching the show
then trying to duplicate the stunt. A few fried kids nationwide, and the
Safety Nazi's will move in to "help" regulate the hobby...

-- Bert --