[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Streamer growth and filming it all (was Re: Corona and Sphere- Puzzle -addition)

Terry (et. al.),

> What I must wonder is if 8000 FPS is fast enough?

I bet what we really want to see is invisible.

Once the ion channel is lit brightly enough for a camera
(or human eye for that matter) to see, it's already been
established and therefore of less scientific value than
the actual streamer formation data that we seek.

Established arc channel data is valuable information and
can help us explore arc formation theories, however, the
question we seek to answer is "What factors affect the
growth of arc channels?". I suspect that the phenomenon
we seek to observe is invisible.

Jeff W. Parisse
www.teslacoil-dot-com