[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Believe it or not

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Stan <sdarling-at-columbus.rr-dot-com>
>
> I have seen a couple references to FCC violations in this thread.  Can
> anyone cite the actual FCC rule(s) or regulation(s) that coiling
> violates?  I imagine it has something to do with unlicensed
> transmission, but I would like to know the specifics.

Oh, they could throw the whole book at you if they wanted to.  The
Tesla coil is the veritable bull in the RF china shop.  Spark
transmitters (what TCs really are) are banned by name.  Then there's
unlicensed emissions, unauthorized emissions on bands authorized for
specific services, interference with emergency, aviation and other
public services, and exposure of the public to excess RF fields,
just to name a few.  Then there's the Part 15 stuff about unlicensed
transmitters not interfering with other devices (not just
communications devices.)   This is an agency you don't want to
attract the attention of with your TC.

John

--
John De Armond