[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Scoping I-V phase shift through L

Hello,

I have heard many folks on this list talk about using a 0-scope to measure
current and voltage phase shifting through a inductor (at least I think
that is what was being done :-)). How do you do it? I have no idea how I
would measure current on a scope. I have a older analog dual trace scope,
and am interested in (if possible) trying to measure how much a inductor (a
transformer) causes the voltage and current to go out of phase. If this can
be done with a scope and other commonly available equipment I would be very
happy if someone could explain it to me.

Regards,

David Trimmell