[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Believe it or not

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Dr. Resonance" <Dr.Resonance-at-next-wave-dot-net>
>
> It's covered by "Spurious Radiation" under the FCC rules.  They tend to
> ignore or not prosecute short term operations for educational purposes.
> Don't ask --- don't tell is a very good policy in this area.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dr. Resonance

	As a corrallary to that, "don't ask the question if you can't stand the
answer"!!!!!!!!!!  If you're not bothering anybody (very much or very
often) you need have no concern about the FCC - they have very much more
important things to occupy their attention.  If you follow the golden
rule you will be OK.

	I have run interference tests on a small coil running here.  The
secondary is 3" in diameter by 16" long and the resonant frequency is
about 280 kHz.  When it is running at about 600 watts input I can listen
to local BC stations with almost no interference on a radio in the
house, about 50 feet away and hooked to the same power line.  No RFI
filter on the primary, but transformer case (and hence CT of the
secondary), along with bottom of the coil, tied to ground via about 10
feet of $10 wire.  On the other hand, however, there is plenty of VHF
radiation from the primary circuit which chews up the TV and FM bands to
an objectionable extent.

Ed