[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Looking for motor

     Why don't you make a little gear/chain reduction system so the
     motorspindle is running at 10k rpm but the rotor only spins at 1800
     rpm.  That should give you serious torque.

     it makes sense that the motor would be developing far less power than
     it's rating if you're feeding it less juice.  running it flat out and
     gearing down would give you even more torque than if you were spinning
     the rotor at a full 10k rpm.

     also:

     One resource for surplus and new motors, as well as all manner of
     other useful mechanical and electrical widgets for building Mad
     Scientist stuff is:

     C & H Sales Company.
     www.candhsales-dot-com (haven't tried this url)
     1800-325-9465 (call for the cool catalog)

     dc and ac motors 60 and 400 hz, stepper motors, gearing,
     variacs, tubes, caps, muffin fans, blowers, hv wire, meters, relays,
     line filters, power supplies, and so on, at surplus prices.  Some
     really strange stuff too. (Infra-red tank periscope?)

     hope that helps

     paul mathus