[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Old NST (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 00:18:46 -0600
From: Don Allen <dona-at-amigo-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Old NST (fwd)

At 10:30 AM 10/09/1999 -0600, Tesla List wrote:
>Original Poster: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hi Tab, all,

<snip>

>        Because I dont want to connect the earth to the house mains
>earth how do I connect the E terminal on the
>primary to an earth that will work ie blow the fuse whilst still
>connected to a separate earth? if I'm talking
>nonsense put me right.

I would connect up the RFI system ground to the NST case. You
don't need the NST primary "regular" earth ground. You don't
want anything on your coil connected in any way to the house
ground.

>3) am I using the correct fuse?

You could put your NST on a separate dedicated breaker if
you're concerned. I use a power strip with a trippable reset
on my input power to the NST. If the load gets too much, it
don't even get to the breaker, but trips the power strip.

Don

http://www.fwpd-dot-net/dona/tesla/teslacoil.htm