[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NST useability (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 06:05:30 -0500
From: Jim Mackoy <jmackoy-at-tranquility-dot-net>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: NST useability

Hi, all. Sorry for the bother.

I am a total newbie to Tesla coiling, so I just confined
my activities to reading the list and trying to accumulate
the required pieces. I have acquired 4 NSTs so far ( one
5KV, one 7.5 KV and 2 9KV). One post mentions 12KV
to 15KV as starting points for Tesla coils. Are my smaller
transfromers useless?  What is needed? I have 4" and 8"
PVC (2ft and 3 1/2 ft) that I was intending to wind. Are these
both too much for the transformers I have in hand? I have
delayed the high $ procurements untill I have some of the
pieces in hand.
Jim