[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

MMC equalizing resistors (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 21:08:56 -0400
From: Grayson B Dietrich <electrofire-at-juno-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: MMC equalizing resistors

Hello, listies,

I think I may have made a bumbling error in what parts I've ordered for
my first MMC attempt, in that, for some reason, I chose to order 1K
resistors. What was I thinking? I now have 200 1K 1/2watt resistors paid
for and on thier way...    ...and I'm thinking that each is about 1/100th
of the resistance i should have ordered....

so, just making sure that I'll need to order more R's of a different
value.

hmmmm.....   maybe If I connect them all in a series/parallel
configuration I can make a pair of resistors for an RC protection
circuit? 2K-at-50W each sounds alright. Non-inductive, too.  Maybe I'll
immerse them in oil filled PVC chambers, so the voltage accross them will
be less of a problem.

Grayson Dietrich
www.electrophile.8m-dot-com

Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/dynoget/tagj.